The gospel-inspired album will feature Eddie Vedder, Dolly Parton, Brandi Carlile, Tanya Tucker, TJ Osborne, Travis Howard, Katie Pruitt, Chris and Morgane Stapleton, Danny Myrick, Ashley McBryde, and Charlie Worsham.
According to ew.com, Leslie Jordan’s debut album, Company’s Comin’, out April 2 via Platoon, finds Jordan performing southern gospel hymns with a slew of special guests, offering raw, electrifying takes on traditional hymns and brand new originals written just for the occasion, with a playful mix of righteous gospel, classic country, vintage soul and Americana/roots.
01. This Little Light of Mine (w/ Katie Pruitt)
02. meet cute…
03. Angel Band (w/ Brandi Carlile)
04. Where The Soul Never Dies (w/ Dolly Parton)
05. somebody touched me…
06. In The Sweet By and By (w/ TJ Osborne)
07. In All Things (w/ Danny Myrick)
08. When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder (w/ Tanya Tucker)
09. whole world…
10. The One Who Hideth Me (w/ Eddie Vedder)
11. The Longest Day (w/ Travis Howard)
12. i’ll fly away…
13. Working On A Building (w/ Ashley McBryde & Charlie Worsham)
14. Farther Along (w/ Morgane & Chris Stapleton)
15. last word…
Born in Reggio Emilia in 1980. He created pearljamonline.it in 2001 and wrote the first edition of “Pearl Jam Evolution” in 2009 along with his wife Daria. He is collaborating with barracudastyle.com, hvsr.net and rockol.it, he has collaborated with Rolling Stone and Il Fatto Quotidiano. He continues relentlessly to try to find “beautiful melodies that say terrible things”.
Favorite song: Present Tense
Favorite album: No Code
Favorite bands/artists other than PJ: Tom Waits, Ramones, Bruce Springsteen, Mark Lanegan, Cat Power