The Eagles of Death Metal have called upon artists from all genres to cover their song I Love You All the Time as part of their Play It Forward Campaign. For every cover sold, Eagles of Death Metal pledged to donate 100 percent of all its publishing to The Sweet Stuff Foundation, guitarist Josh Homme‘s charitable organization that has been directing funds to the families affected by the terrorist attack that left 89 dead at the band’s November 13 concert at the Paris venue Le Bataclan.
Pearl Jam did something more: on Friday, Dec. 18 they released a single with two Eagles of Death Metal covers, in both physical (7'' vinyl available for pre-order at Pearl Jam's official website) and digital formats (Pearl Jam's Shop and iTunes).
A-side is a live version of I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News) performed by Pearl Jam and recorded at their Nov. 22 Rio de Janeiro show. B-side features a cover of I Love You All The Time recorded by Matt Cameron immediately after reading Josh Homme’s email encouraging fellow musicians to cover the song from "Zipper Down", EODM's latest album.
“I was very inspired to act quickly, so I recorded a version on a night off from tour in Mexico City in my hotel room, 11-27-2015, 8pm-12am. I am honored to be a part of this movement of unity and support. We'll never stop.”
— Matt Cameron
The first Latin America 2015 bootleg from Santiago, Chile has been added to Pearl Jam's Shop on Dec. 18. As usual, each of the nine bootleg of the tour will be released on a weekly basis (every Friday) in both digital and physical format (CD). The setlists are all available in our On The Road section.
The debut album of Ten Commandos – superband formed by Matt Cameron and Ben Shepherd (Soundgarden) with Alain Johannes (Eleven, Queens Of The Stone Age) and Dimitri Coats (OFF!, Burning Brides) – is available through Pearl Jam's official website. The 10 song album, titled Ten Commandos, features guest appearances by artist such as Mark Lanegan (who sings on the single "Staring Down The Dust"), Peter Frampton (guitar on "Sketch 9") and Nikka Costa (vocals on "How").
Ghost Riding, RNDM's second album, will be released on Dine Alone Records in digital, CD, vinyl and cassette formats on March 4, 2016. The first single of the same name is available for streaming on Spotify, and the official video is on YouTube. The album can be pre-ordered at PearlJam.com.
RNDM – featuring Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, singer-songwriter Joseph Arthur and drummer Richard Stuverud – also announced a seven-date North American tour in support of the band’s forthcoming release (all details @ PearlJam.com).
#PJLiveChat with Jeff Ament & Kelly Curtis
Jeff Ament and Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis engaged in a Q&A session during a live Twitter chat on December 11, 2015. Here's what we learned during their #PJLiveChat:
– Pearl Jam "will announce some tour dates first part of the year," but it is unclear whether this means American, Canadian or European dates
– There were no direct answers to questions about possible 2016 European dates. Kelly Curtis only made reference to the fact that "nothing has been announced to cancel". Curtis also said that the recent terrorist attacks in Paris are not influencing the band's future plans in a negative way
– When asked whether Pearl Jam will play Rock Werchter this year, Curtis answered: "Not this year". The question was clearly inaccurate; it's pretty safe to say the band won't be performing at this year's Rock Werchter, since the 2015 edition is long gone
– Jeff would love to play in Finland and Scotland again
– Pearl Jam haven't recorded any new songs yet, although - according to their manager - "they're always in and out of the studio and constantly writing new material". Jeff also added that "some time between now and forever, we will start the new record"
– There are currently no plans to release the two Alpine Valley 2011 concerts (PJ20). About the No Code/Yield reissue/boxset, Jeff said: "I have my box from that era out and digging into it... that means 2-5 years out"
When asked if there is anything in the works around PJ25/25 years of Ten, Curtis answered: "Yes, can't say anything yet"
About this year's 10C Single, Jeff said: "It is in production... you know it takes 12-16 weeks to press a record? Crazy"
– Ament's favorite lyrics written by Vedder are "Present Tense" and "My Father's Son"